quarta-feira, 25 de abril de 2007

Guess what?

Hey guys!
Yesterday, I was just surfing in the net (guess what, nothing more interesting to do!) when I decided to look for this great movie I loved when I was a child. I still remembered its Portuguese title - “Namorada Aluga-se” - so I decided to make a research to find its English title: “Can’t Buy Me Love” (1987) (yeah, I know, it’s older than me, but I kinda stole it from my uncle, so…), curiously the same name as one of the greatest hits from The Beatles (don’t freak out, I didn’t know it either!).
For your information, this movie is about a hopeless geek in high school who has a huge crush on the most popular girl, Cindy Mancini.
One day, at the mall, he spots Cindy, who’s in big trouble when she realizes she needs to pay boatloads of money (like our lovely (or maybe not anymore) George O’Malley would say) to replace her mother's destroyed dress. Then, Ronald and Cindy make a deal: he gives her the money she needs, but with one little condition: she will have to pretend she's dating him for a whole month. "Money can buy you popularity, but can money buy you love?" – that is the theme of this cute movie.
Then, I decided to visit one of my favourite sites http://www.imdb.com/ (Internet Movie DataBase), cuz I wanted to find out how the actors looked like these days. Well, what do you know, the actor who played Ronald is Patrick Dempsey – sounds familiar, right? (well, at least to me it did…) Another research and GUESS WHAT?! This total geek, with these pathetic hair and stupid sunglasses (even though I thought he was totally gorgeous and really cute (yeah, I know, shame on me!) when I watched the movie for the first time) plays, right now, one of the most charismatic characters from my favourite TV show! Can you figure it out? Who’s the mystery guy? Just a small clue: He’s still a geek. But this time, I don’t really like him.

Hugs!

3 comentários:

Natália P disse...

OMG! OMG! OMG!

Is he Derek?!

Hahaha!!!!

Do you still have that movie?
I think I remember watching it on TV or something when I was little.

Boatloads of money! Hahaha!!

gonna go study chem :)

hugs n kisses!

ana2lucia disse...

Yeah, he is!!!
LOLOL
I guess I still have it, but I'm not pretty sure... Besides, it's in VHS (or sth like that), so I cannot watch it anymore :(
I used to watch it over and over again, I loved it!
Big hugs!

ana2lucia disse...

Just updated my profile
:D
Check it out!